Question:
Am I too old to be something great?
ashley
2009-06-16 12:50:58 UTC
I feel so old for my age. I'm 19 years old, graduated from high school about a year ago. I attended a semester at a local community college and I plan to continue this fall, but I feel so unaccomplished. All of my friends went off to big universities and I just wasn't prepared. I just plan on getting my gen. eds done at community college and then moving on, but.. Is it too late for me to be something big and great? I feel like I'm doomed to a life of mediocracy, which is my biggest fear.
Two answers:
PLM
2009-06-16 13:00:23 UTC
It's never too late, you can't let yourself think in such negative thoughts, so brighten up and if you truly want to become something you have to start thinking about what you're interested in, what you're good at and try and find something you'd like to excel in, a job in mind, a future career and such.

I'm so not ready for college, so I'm planning on taking a gap year, teaching english in the middle east, doing a season in the alps and then taking film photography lessons in england. I want to become a photographer and also go into graphic design so I've been looking up summer courses for that.

So you have to set yourself to do something, and perhaps if you don't have the money to go and take courses or do things like that, then ask your dad or people you know if you may gain some job experience with them, or perhaps let yourself be creative and explore a subject you truly love.

Just go for it, don't stop to think, but evolve your ideas as you're moving. Trust me, you can do it :)
2009-06-16 13:02:46 UTC
HEY!! Never give up, just because your friends went to some fancy schools, doesn't mean that they will accomplish more then you will.My advice is: find something you like doing, and are somewhat good at, then pursue it, no matter where it takes you. Follow your dreams!!