Question:
Having fun applying for college, is that weird?
katerox
2014-08-13 15:58:23 UTC
Okay my friends are saying that I'm kind of crazy and weird for actually enjoying myself when I'm writing my essays and filling in all that extra info for common app.

To me, I see it as the greatest opportunity in my life, because some people are not able to apply for college.
And I get the chance to really express myself, to be different from other applicants around me. I don't know, I just feel happy that if I get accepted, my future will be so much brighter! I cannot wait
for college, meeting new people and becoming independent just sounds so fun.
Any one else feel this way? haha (:
Two answers:
?
2014-08-13 16:10:23 UTC
WoW! You are one of the first Yahoo Questioners that express joy over writing an application to go to college. Many others for whom I have responded to over the application process, who and how the applications are reviewed, how many people people do the reviews, how long does it take to get feedback on acceptance, what courses to take when one becomes a freshman are fearful that they will be rejected.

Of course, I have to guess at that, but for you therd is no doubt that you will be accepted. Good luck.

I was a college professor of education, a consultant to the California Department of Education, a school principal, and an elementary school teacher.
?
2014-08-13 16:32:20 UTC
Is it crazy or weird? No, not at all! :-) Quite normal! I think you are being very realistic, and I'm glad you enjoy the process! And your reasons are good and solid, too! Carry on in joy, O gladsome soul! :-)